8/29/2008

Heading to the Land of Tea: Flying to Guwahati

On the 22nd August I travelled with Bhargavi and her daughter to Guwahati, where we participated at the North-Eastearn consultation on the Amendment to the National Trust Act. We were flying via Calcutta and Delhi. At the Guwahati airport we met Amita Dhanda, the other resource person to the consultation.
Guwahati is the largest city of the state Assam. Assam, one of the North-Eastern states is famous of its tea, and recently unfortunately also of terrorism.

The nature around the city was what I desparately needed to calm me after my crisis. My hotel, the Bellevue had a wonderful view on the river Brahmaputra, the second longest river in the world.

In the evening our hosts organised a lovely party in the restaurant of the hotel.

No comments: